Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Aries, Pat Sajak, Interviews and Kona

I realize my several day lapse in an update labels me a "bad blogger". Please accept my apology and sincere oath to try updating much more frequently. My only excuses are the Easter weekend (which I hope everyone had as enjoyable a holiday as I did), I have a new puppy (aka- toddler) and that I had my first interview. Let's start with the interview; It was.... disappointing. My understanding was the company did marketing for sporting events, small businesses and corporate engagements. I get to the interview and the manager wasn't much older than I, which I could take as a good sign expecting quick-paced promotions or I could take it for what it was- way too early of promotions. He was very nice, but very uninformative. My first sign that this was not going to be what I had hoped for was that his stomach wouldn't stop rumbling, we're talking incessant noises coming from his digestive system. He had just eaten lunch and it was absolutely hilarious and distracting all at the same time. He had to stop twice and apologize for the noises. The second sign was that I had so many good and necessary questions that one should definitely ask in an interview and he would not let me ask them for the life of me. He rushed me out of there like a teenager hosting a party when his parents just got back from vacation. He called me later that evening to offer me a second interview the following day. After weighing the pros/cons of the job (well, the ones that I knew) earlier that day, I knew I was going to decline that offer if it presented itself. I was proud that I got the second interview offer but I was also reminded of one of my key strategies when finding my next position.... do.not.settle. (the other to remain full of faith and very positive) I'm not looking for a job, I'm looking for a career.

I have a dog named Reggie (pictured left); he is neurotic, paranoid and very needy. I love him more than ice cream (which is saying a lot). This weekend Brad and I were in the courtyard of my place and one of our neighbors, very sneakily, pawned a puppy upon us. We were skeptical but figured we'd test drive him for the weekend to see how he worked out with Reggie. I should back up a bit, we had been toying with the idea of getting another dog seeing as how I have the availability to train and play with one at this time. Apparently, our neighbors sensed this and pounced.
Well we've since had the puppy for 6 days; taken him to the vet, bought him food, toys, a bed, etc. and of course, sealed the deal by naming him. I'm obsessed with coffee, Brad and I both are obsessed with coffee shops so we decided to name him "Kona" after the best coffee ever made. He is all black and about as hyper as someone who'd just topped of 6 cups of freshly brewed Kona so the name is pretty close to perfect. Needless to say I feel like a stay at home mother; Brad is at work all day and Kona is relentless. He climbs on top of my on the couch, we're talking on the highest part where you rest your head. Then he will use my body like a mountain and just hike around. He puts absolutely everything in his mouth no matter it's edibility, and he eats more than a sumo wrestler in training. However on the plus side Kona (pictured right) is the antithesis of Reggie. Very playful, loves everyone including children and doesn't bark at the slight of sound. Plus, the other day I printed something and he went the printer, pawed at it for a second, picked up my paper with his teeth and brought it to me! I didn't think a dog could be a component for making one lazy; but Kona may just be the ticket. We still aren't sure if we're going to keep him for fear of him getting too big for an apartment and Reggie never really adjusting to his new sibling. But for the time being, we figure why not give him a good home and show him some love.



I came across this article and apparently because my zodiac sign is an Aries I'm extremely competitive and enjoy being in charge. (Well, I cant' say both are wrong) The article says I would be an excellent Surgeon and Cop... two highly different careers, and neither of which I'm interested in. I find it ironic that the article, and zodiac signs in general, categorize someone born between Date A and Date B to be a certain way. It's as if to say of I was born Date A- 1 hour I would be an entirely different person just because of that one hour difference. All my logic tells me that's crazy, however I don't know much about Astrology so this is strictly a novice opinion aimed at offending no one.

And to conclude on a random note...
People whose jobs I have no idea how they got in the first place and would enjoy being the understudy:
1. Pat Sajak ; and no I would not want to be Vanna instead- Too much walking involved :)
2. The host of Cash Cab, Ben Bailey
3. Kim Kardashian, reality TV star. Other than having the body parts of a brunette barbie, what did she do exactly?
4. Paris Hilton, host of My BFF on MTV and heir to a hotel fortune. Thanks Daddy! (and yes that is her song playing on the website)
Ok I admit I know that #3 and #4 were simply born into their role and that is how they obtained their "job". So I'm more than positive they did not post their resumes on Monster nor attend painstaking interviews until they found the right one.

I realize this post has been very random and chaotic. I had so much I wanted to comment on and unfortunately they did not really connect. I hope you enjoyed reading the chaos as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Hire me Houston,
Aubrey

No comments:

Post a Comment