Thursday, February 4, 2010

Interim

I am working at 'Company A' presently, I am starting at 'Company B' in a week.

I just had lunch with the CEO of Co. A having him convince me that I should stay with Co. A. I asked him why he was spending his valuable & limited time with me; I'm inexperienced, have a mediocre amount of deals closed, and don't like selling in the least. He said I wouldn't be spending time with you unless you are worth it, unless I saw all the charcteristics in you that I want as a future leader in my company, someone worth having on my team.

How do you deal with that? Walking away from an industry you are not satisfied in, with a leader who believes in your potential almost more than you do yourself...to a company where you will take a different path, hopefully (*fingers crossed*) leading you in the right direction for you career where the CEO will not know your name for a good 5-10 years let alone have lunch with you...

I have goals. All these goals I want to reach. I can see them; I can see them in clear view. But the path to getting there is fuzzy and ever so slowly divulging itself. I need it to divulge itself faster. Or at least I think I do, maybe I don't. Who really knows the correct timing until it reveals itself. When it does I will assuredly take a big sigh and say "Ohhh, that's what was meant to happen. I see". In the mean time to discovering my future, my utopia would entail taking my present CEO to my industry/company.

No comments:

Post a Comment